[Dailydrool] Snatching

Dana Allen dguinn_00 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 11:42:15 PST 2011

With all 3 of our adult bassets the first command taught was sit.  Treats (which are never people food at our house) are only given after the sit command is obeyed.  If they snatch aggressively (snappy) they don't get the treat!  We have Peach, who we rescued and was starving at the time, so all food is treated by her as her last meal, including treats.  Teaching her the sit, wait command was trying, but worked.  She will still bolt with her treat once she has it, but she no longer jumps or snaps!

FYI-all 6 buppies are doing well and little fatties!  They are 5 weeks now and so much fun to have in our home!  They are still not allowed around the other 2 adult bassets, but are very curious about Gus Gus when he is in his "area" protected by the baby gate.

Dana
Tuffy, Gus Gus, Peach and buppies (Jake, Woodrow, Friday, Laurie Darling, Penny and Madeline)