[Dailydrool] Thank You

Marti Grgor marti716 at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 15 15:55:08 PST 2011

To everyone that has written to me off list.

Thank You so much for your comforting words and warm hearts.

 As I Look at My Belle I can't help but think. Isn't it interesting, that
when we are frightened or worried we go straight to where there is comfort.?

 There is  comfort in kindred spirits. That is what the Drool has always
been about.

 We have had  4 bassets and a LoveyLu pass . And all have been through the
Drool! When My Lovey Passed 2 years ago. I thought my heart would never stop
hurting. And truthfully I don't think it has.

 With each dog that has left. Each has truly left a giant paw print on my
heart. But when my Belle- or as we lovingly call her Belly Button,leaves. My
heart will never be the same.

 She met me at the door tonight when I came home. Then went quietly to a bed
in the dining room where she was near me but could rest.

I told her that  Drool friends wrote kind words and she thumped her tail and
did her little moan she does.  .. She is beautiful. Her velvet ears.  Her
doe eyes.  And her moaning, always has a story to tell me. And she always
has something to complain about.! Then she flips to her back so I can rub
her tummy.  And I am always her slave!!! She is the Alpha here..  The last
Basset standing....  My little friend.

 Thank you all for your support  ! It is nice to be where  people KNOW  just
how you feel!!

 Marti.. and Belle(belly button)