[Dailydrool] snappin' at snackies

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Fri Feb 18 01:27:29 PST 2011

as they say.. 6 one way, half dozen the other.

Another way to help treat snaps .. small treat, closed hand, do not give in
to the hound's nudges and prods, until they lick the hand for the treat.

of course if you pull back a nub of an arm, with nuthin' below the wrist you
may have an insistent hound..

:)

-Robert

PS. that reminds me.. we should start a "You might have a hound problem ...
if .." session and see what kind of list we can get through... :)

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Thanks to Mod Squad

One comment about dogs snapping at fingers to get treats.  A trainer once
told me always to offer treats in an open palm.