[Dailydrool] Xaxa's update - Is there a "right" time?

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Feb 20 07:55:37 PST 2011

For we humans there is never a right time because we know the heartache and pain that will be coming.  For our hounds I believe as Anita does.  When the bad days are outweighing the good overwhelmingly.  Then  when they look in your eyes and you just know they are telling you "I need to go now."

Two years and 3 days ago, Tucker told me that morning it was time, he couldn't stay the one more day.  He sat beside me as we watched the rain together, then crawled in my lap and washed my tears away.  This day was so much like our "first" day I knew he was telling me  "Mom, I need to go."  So one day earlier  than planned, I helped him start his journey.  Tucker taught me there is no "one more day".

We are sending heart comforting drool.  Just open your heart and he will speak to it.
Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with our Fabulous Freddie
Volunteer/Foster for Golden Gate Basset Rescue
Please Visit Freddie's Cancer Treatment Fundraiser Page:
 http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/FabulousFreddie/golden-gate-basset-rescue-inc
Vote for Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue in the 2011 Shelter Challenge:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3