[Dailydrool] Howliday Cards

Leon Winstanley leon.debbie at winstanleyclan.us
Sun Jan 2 12:45:48 PST 2011

Happy New Year Droolers,

Howliday card number 163 is now posted.  Waiting on a few more.  The Winstanley Clan 2010 card is now online, http://www.winstanleyclan.us/2010_Howliday_Cards/Family_Card/2010_Family_DD_Howliday_Card.html.

If anyone finds any typos on the Howliday Card webpages, please let us know, we'll fix the errors and whip the webmaster. http://www.winstanleyclan.us/2010_Howliday_Cards/2010_DD_Howliday_card_exchange.html.

All the Howliday Cards were great, as usual.  As a small editorial response to one of our overseas droolers from France, Eleri Pastouret, we can find both pros and cons concerning donating all of our howliday card expenses and give instead all money to rescue.  Effectively stopping the howliday card exchange as we know it.

One idea could be to create a Howliday Card website for all droolers to post their cards.  To have your card published, a rescue donation fee can be charged for web publishing..  But who is going to stop someone like us from still posting free of charge?  Next, how much is the fee?  Some of us spend over $200+ to do the cards.  Others who send nine cards in one envelope are very frugal.  So, would it be proper to charge a single price?  More for some, less expensive for others.

Next, which rescue gets the donations?  Not really fair to give to just one.  How about the rescue of your choice?  Now the webmaster of the Howliday Card website is tasked more.  Also on the electronic end of the idea, does everyone have a scanner to copy their card for upload?  A few cards come every year that have hand written addresses on them.  So, not everyone has a printer, or, not to insult, someone may have a hard time with the computer and printing labels.

All rescues around the world need funding.  However, this is a howliday card exchange created by the Daily Drool.  The Daily Drool is not a tax exempt organisation.  The Daily Drool was started by one woman, who cared for her lost houndie.  She wanted to create a free source for fellow basset owners to help and share with each other their advice, hopes, dreams and heartaches.

A lot of love and genuine affections are placed into those howliday cards. Let's keep our howliday card exchange as is.

Drool to all in need,

Leon & Debbie Winstanley
Slaves to Jacques-amo-Bear, Humphrey the Tank, and Precious da Bean,
Cover Hounds for the 2007 Daily Drool Basset A Day Calendar!
Kitties: Tigger (the wanna-be), Treasure, and Biko.
ATB:  Taz,  Suzie, Gizmo (Golden Lab),& Kitties ATB: Sylvester,
Hafenhaf, Truffle, Elsa & Sniglet
www.winstanleyclan.us
www.dalcottw.com