[Dailydrool] Brudder Jake is Home

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 13:37:24 PST 2011

Momma here, and the news is that Jake is now home. He got sprung today,
and while he is about 50% of normal, and I know he is exhausted, he is
home. He is laying about, not really sleeping much, and you can tell he
does not feel up to par, but time and drool will take care of the rest.
He is eating, and drinking, and hopefully after a good nights sleep he
will be doing better tomorrow.  Doc did tell me that Brudder Jake did
take doctoring into his own paws as when he was checked at 4am, he had
snapped all the IV lines, so they took him outside, brought him back
into his run and went out of his ward to work on other dogs. Doc said
next thing they knew, they thought they seen the swinging door move,
and here come Jake, he had gotten the latch to his run open, and went
looking for people. All I could do was laugh and give him a big old
neck hug. It is so good to have him home!! The gang knows he is not
feeling good and they are giving him space--which is a miracle for
Brudder Elwood--but they are also glad the pack is here and accounted
for. Now if Elder Clara will let the mop rest a few hours, I will be
delighted.
Once again I thank you all from the bottom of my basset lovin heart.
Drool has worked its magic once again.

Now maybe I can read the drool and catch up!!
Drool to all in need!!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake