[Dailydrool] Adventures at my house this New Years. New nicknames for a couple of my family

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 13:31:27 PST 2011

Queen Pawtunia her-

It has been a very adventuresome couple days at my house. My pack came to
visit. Not my pack in diaspora, my breederslaves Hank and Sharon came for
New Years Eve and brought six of my relatives. They said my Sadieniece had
to go stay at a friend's house with my visiting Caddydawg, Ben. He and
Auntie Emma were visiting but could not come.

So, Yahoo (Uncle) and Newtie (Half brothermine) and Austin (nephew) and
Fannie Mae (DawGter now known as Kick Ass Fannie) and BonBon and Milano
(Great Nieces. Milano is now known as AWOL) all got in the van and came to
see me and Rusty.  She slave loaded up on a serious carload of treats for
two and four leggers.....  I was very excited to see everybody.

Yahoo is a perky 12. Newtie is just a little younger than me. My dawGter is
3 like her brothers, King Chunky and Cadbury.  The other three are under a
year and a half. Yikes! Puppers!

Rusty was not so pleased. He thought snarking at some of the family was a
good idea. Not.  As the she slaves were serving meatballs, he decided that
Fannie Mae looked tasty. Not. He is a little too used to getting his way
when he gets grumpy.....Fannie Mae is not a dawmat. Hehehehe. He snarked
her. She snarked him BACK. She just looks like a timid little thing. She
nailed his ear. Yup. Not bad. Just 'nuff to teach him a lesson. She slave
tried to wipe it off and put some neostuff on it. Rusty wouldn't let her. He
clearly had been schooled by a GIRLIE.....my DAWGTER. Rusty retired to the
couch to pout the rest of the night. He now treats FM with a healthy respect
and she has been given the moniker of KICK ASS FANNIE. I likes that. He
asked for it, he got it. (Don't worry, he was cuddled on the sofa and served
his treats the rest of the night.)

My yard backs up to a swamp. I don't care if the state would call it fresh
water wetlands. It is soggy, it has some wildlife and streams. It is a
swamp. I have no business with it. Occasionally a bambi or turtle or
something come to visit but that's it. There is a wire fence that he slave
put up years ago that has always served just fine to keep houndies in.
Except for the two feet of snow last week. Apparently a big bush on the far
side got loaded with snow late Friday night. As it melted, it got heavy and
fell on part of the fence. Between that and the soft ground from the
melting, the fence tipped back and had a nice ramp of snow leading up.

Soooooo, she slave woke up to the sound of woofing hounds and went
downstairs in her bathrobe. Hankslave had let the hounds out. Five of us
were waiting at the door to come in. She looked out and saw two on the swamp
side of the fence. She started screaming, grabbed some shoes. (No time to
find the boots) Grabbed a leash and ran out. She saw Rusty under the deck.
He does not like his paws wet. Yelled to heslave to get Rusty and went over
the collapsed fence. Did I mention that the area is covered with thick vines
and thorns and brambles????? All of which were grabbing her fleece robe so
she wasn't very fast. Hankslave went over past the neighbor's yard. By now
there were no hounds in sight, but he's figured out that the missing were my
one year old baby great nieces BonBon and Milano. (Momcake's great grand
puppies)

She slave starts calling them and BonBon was soon spotted. She had to circle
a bit to get to sheslave cause of the thicket....but BonBon was pretty glad
to be found on her adventure. She didn't know she was escaping. She just was
sniffing and found herself in soggy snow. Not fun....but no Millie.

She slave kept BonBon on the leash in the hope she would bawk to her
sister....how could I ever explain this to their Sheblymom, let alone
brothers Biscuit and Rugie?  She screamed and hunted and sogged around in
the swamp. Finally!! She spotted my little brown niece a way in. It was hard
to get to her, Millie had a bit of trouble with the brush as well. She said
she had fun, but really wanted her bowl. She slave grabbed her collar and
was trying to figure out how to hook them together and get back in
when.......here comes Rusty!!! Nobody let him in so he figured he might as
well go find the puppies and redeem himself from the night before.  Now she
is in the swamp with one leash, two happy puppies and Rusty who has been
known to try and snack on people who grab his collar if he doesn't feel like
moving. (Better to just call him, he usually will follow, but she has no
idea what happens with Rusty in a swamp.) She didn't bring the tie to her
bathrobe which was still catching on the thorns.

She managed to get the leash off Bonbon and on Rusty....but then she was
holding it with him and crouching down in the snow swamp trying to hang onto
two wagging girl puppies. Getting scratched by the brambles. She wasn't sure
how deep it went at any point and was very grateful when he slave came in
and could take Rusty. They got closer to the house and Hankslave came out of
where he was hunting and had leashes for BonBon and Millie.

BonBon came back quick. Millie (Both were very good about coming and were
happy to go in. I thinks they just got confused....)  had just a little too
much fun in the swamp. We think she liked it. She is now known as AWOL.  She
can be Milano in the show ring, but at home.....it is gonna be a long time
before she is known as anything but AWOL.

Then we had our bowls and one of the neighbors wanted to see all the guests
so she brought in her little fluffy snack dawG in a cute coat.  She was glad
to see everybody, but he was a bit scared so they left. Just as we woofed
goodbye she slave glanced out to find a policeman standing on the porch.
EEEEK. Nope, it wasn't the barking. Some not nice people a block or two away
complained that he slave lets us walk on their lawn and left tracks in the
snow. Which would be good, 'cept we know that the people are not nice and we
do NOT walk on their lawn. Hadn't even been on the street that morning.  The
slaves and breeder slaves took a look. Apparently rabbits had walked on
their snow.  Jeepers, too much excitement for one basset Queen.

I'm sad. My breederslaves and family went home.  Rusty is glad the house is
calm. I miss everybody. We are both tired. She slave wants to know how after
just one night the house can feel so empty.

Happy New Year to ALL. Thank you doG for sending back BonBon and AWOL and
having Kick Ass teach Rusty a lesson. I need a nap before I check and see if
there are any treats left.

QPT

P.S.
Maybe they will come back soon. Don't worry, Shebly....he slave will fix the
fence before they come back! Gotta wait for the snow to go away.