[Dailydrool] anal gland problems

LaVerne rrjlfj at cox.net
Mon Jan 3 19:33:38 PST 2011

Our 4 year old basset has a lot of anal gland problems.  We have been taking him to the vet to have them expressed but it is happening too often lately.  He always seems to be in distress.  I was putting fiber in with his food for a while but it didn't seem to help and now he is on a special diet because of his allergies.  I don't know if this diet is causing the anal gland problem (salmon and potatoes in kibble form from Science Diet.  It is a prescription food.  I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

LaVerne Jones