[Dailydrool] Alberta Rescues

lynne kucy ameth_dragon at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 4 09:21:44 PST 2011

Specific to Alberta, Canada we have Basset Rescue Edmonton in the north and
Calgary Basset Rescue in the south. Between the both of us we cover most of the
prairies. I foster for Edmonton, and we have a hound coming in to care from a
province over ( Saskatchewan). I have been fostering for just over a year and
Rupert is our latest foster ( number 8) he is not ready to be posted on the site
yet as we are just starting to get to know him. Fostering has been the most
rewarding part of owning a basset, you get to see them come out of there shells
and get a taste of the good life, and I cry everytime one leaves for a furever
home. But then I have room for a new furbaby that needs my attention, at least
the hounds appreciate the mothering, my teenager doesn't ( darn independant
kids). The coordinators for both rescues network together and with local animal
societies, breeders and vets to ensure any basset needing help gets it, even New
Year's Day which is when Rupert came to our home under weight and needing a
bath; and a local vet tech let the rescue know about a stray that they were
holding for us that they would vet and get ready for us to pick up, I think she
comes in this week aswell. We are busy and dedicated up here in Canada.