[Dailydrool] skank ears and shelter voting

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 19:44:21 PST 2011

First, I will vote for the rescue the community decides most viable.  I apologize to be inactive in that decision process, but I have faith that the better knowing will handle it.  I have had mild flu (thankfully, I had the flu shot), and some of the hounds have had mild flu as well, and since last year they get a shot as well.  I woke up several times last night in cleaning up puke from Pierre jr, (mostly bile, in our bed), and he never did this before.  It is going around all the hounds, but mildly.  I pray for the health of every hound and every one who lost a beloved pet.  I do the same thing, skank ears, with a couple of my hounds.   When I notice they are crusty, I pick off the crud.  Jr.  hates this but he needs it the most more often.  Also, he gets tremendous crud in his ears, and I am vigilant  with treatment, but he bites, so I bribe him with treats.  I have a muzzle for him, but the one time I tired to put it on him, I backed down.  My Vet said put ointment in his ear everyday, but clean 2x a week.  I am thinking one of those cleanings will be at the Vet.  He had a mani and a pedi and a squeeze in the rear end today, and I said, since the muzzle is on, why not clean the ears.  The tech and assistant came out and made sure they reported to me how much gunk was in his ears.  I said, I know, and he fights me, he bites me, and even when I tired it with the muzzle, he shakes his head like a crazy dog, and I don't want to probe randomly into him fearing hurting him.  So, I am thinking, once a week to the vet for cleaning, once a week I clean, and daily medication with otomax.  Oh, and I have to say, they cleaned him well, so well, he was scritching his ears all day, probably felt weird w/o the gunk.  I asked if it was infection or just gunk, and they said, it was just gunk.  That boy is my side car, so the same while so different from Sr., but he made sure he got into my heart right away, and he has.
Healing drool
Jackie and the herd