[Dailydrool] cleaning basset ears

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:59:03 PST 2011

Cowboy is our household cleaner.  He cleans wounds. He cleans eye boogers
(including eating his own if I give them to him). He cleans tears. And he
always cleans Rupert's cruddy, or should I say skanky, ears. Rupert has
longer ears that seem to always get skankified with food and are constantly
wet from the water bowl.

Cowboy is so funny because he loves water in small dishes. I can fill the
water bowl and he won't touch it. But if I then fill a small ramekin or
condiment bowl with water, he will lap it all up as if it is special water.
When he is sick or not drinking, I can almost always get him to drink a
little by putting "special water" in a special little bowl.

Well the thing that always cracks me up is how after Rupert takes a
long drink from the communal water bowl, Cowboy goes over and slurps the
water off of Rupert's ears as if its a special little drink, just for him.

Silly hounds....

Kacy with Cow and Ru