[Dailydrool] Recall on Metronidazole (aka: Flagyl)

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 11:54:01 PST 2011

I thought I should share this medication alert I just received.  I have already checked the lot number and the expiration date on what we have on hand.   I know not everyone will agree with me keeping a stock of meds but it is a lot cheaper for me and the rescue if I keep certain meds on hand for the gang and the fosters that come in.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang

Metronidazole Tablets, 250mg  Recall - Underweight Tablets
ISSUE:Teva Pharmaceuticals and FDA notified healthcare professionals and the public of a recall of Metronidazole Tablets USP, 250mg, lot #312566, expiration date 05/2012.
This product lot is being recalled due to the presence of underweight tablets. Underweight tablets may not contain the full amount of active ingredient within a single tablet, and a consumer may not receive the prescribed dose. This may cause the infection the drug was intended to treat to worsen or recur, which could be life-threatening when treating severe infections.
RECOMMENDATION: Consumers who have lot 312566 in their possession are instructed to cease using the product and return it to their pharmacy.  Complete and submit the report Online:     www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm