[Dailydrool] Hounds & furniture

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 05:21:18 PST 2011

When I told the Houndettes that someone was thinking about keeping their
hounds off the furniture, they literally started to laugh out loud and roll
on the floor! Years ago when Jersey first came to us, I had said she needed
to stay off the furniture. Well, that lasted about two minutes with the DH
and he had her up on the couch. She and the others have been there ever
since. One of the things that our trainer suggested when we were having some
aggression problems with Ginger was to keep her off the furniture. We
actually are pretty consistent about telling her off when we find her on the
furniture but she consistently "forgets" the rules when we're not right
there in the room with her. The only time I know she's not on the furniture
is when we're not home and she's in her crate! All I can say is good luck!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger