[Dailydrool] Couches and other thoughts

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 07:14:59 PST 2011

*Couches:*  We gave up and bought black leather couches.  We also bought
more dog beds.  Given the choice of having to expend the energy to jump on
the sofa versus snuggle on the dog bed, Gallagher choses dog bed.
 MacKenzie, however, is a jumper.  She loves the couch, but also finds it
"slippery".  We found a cute throw (thrift shop) that was velvet on one side
and leave it on the sofa.  She now can spend the entire night there.
 However, she much prefers if one of the humans sits on the sofa.  She likes
to have her 70 + pounds of love and claws resting on a human lap.  We have
to warn guests.  Leather is holding up VERY well.
*Ears:*  Gallagher has VERY, very long ears.  He's tripped on them and
actually injured himself.  However, his best, best buddy, Cody the yellow
lab, loves to chew on Gallagher's ears.  Mind you, he doesn't hurt him, it's
more a gentle chew.  If he by accident hurts him, then Gallagher reaches up
and bites Cody's lip.  They are hysterical together.
*Bugs*:  MacKenzie really misses her bug friends during the winter months.
 She loves big bugs and torments them.  She'll go out at night and spend an
hour hunting them in the back yard.
*Dentals*:  Miss Poppy is recovering nicely from her extractions.  Her smile
looks a little funny without the lower canine.  She still manages to ROAR at
the 2 young ones.  I just never had to brush dog teeth before bassets and am
definitely stepping it up for all 3 of them.