[Dailydrool] Flared Basset Ears

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 09:41:32 PST 2011

We attended a basset meet up on Saturday at our local dog park and I met a
gorgeous little houndette who wanted belly rubs continuously. Whenever I
would stop rubbing her belly to pet another hound or to try and keep an eye
on my own two, she would get off her back, sit at my feet and look up at me,
then flare her ears straight out. It was the funniest thing. :)

On a side note, we've been attending basset meetups for several years now
and it is always such a blast to see 20-30 hounds playing, howling and
milling about together. If interested, check out www.meetup.com to try and
locate a group near you - or if there isn't one, start your own. Our group
meets at a local dogpark on the 2nd Saturday of each month and whoever can
attend, does. All the other people and their dogs at the park always look at
us like, "what the heck is going on? who knew there were so many bassets in
Southern California?!"

drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert