[Dailydrool] Good news about Toby

Nancy Schaefer jonquil at attglobal.net
Fri Jan 14 10:17:27 PST 2011

Hello to all,

I posted in late December that our 13 year old Toby had been diagnosed with
likely hemangiosarcoma and asked for advice and Drool.  Thank you to all the
wonderful Droolers who responded:  your help was truly invaluable.  We just
moved to a new state, making the decision to operate even more difficult,
but our former vet who knows Toby well advised us to do the splenectomy,
since the dog was having bleeding episodes and would die without treatment.
He had the surgery on January 6, and his recovery has been nothing short of
miraculous.  And today we got the best news of all:  the biopsy showed no
cancer.  We realize that we are one of the lucky few who have such a
positive outcome with this diagnosis, and we are so grateful to all who
helped us make the decision to proceed with surgery.  We know that all the
good drool you sent to our boy made the difference in his remarkable
recovery, and we feel blessed to be part of the Daily Drool family.  Thank
you to all, and we would like to send drool and good wishes to all droolers
and hounds in need.

Nancy, mom to Toby (feeling like a pup again!), Hadley, and Casey atb
In snowy NW Connecticut