[Dailydrool] Up all night

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:19:17 PST 2011

Hi houndie lovers!
Mostly been lurking thinking I will start posting again with stories and
such.  Some people have met our other basset Santana in person and said "is
this Mr Pants!" lol SO he has been on me that I am not keeping up with his
little fan club.

Up all night With Lilly....She has never really been "sick" so I didn't know
her signs.
Her signs are whining, clingy, jumps on your hip till you wake up, bites
your nose till you wake up, scracthing the walls till it wakes you up.

It was the case of in and out in and out side all night.  Everytime I left
her out she will go pee, then run around the yard as if she still wants to
go but nothing to go.  Then we go back inside snuggle into bed and she is up
again doing all of the above.  Even Santana was like what is going on with
her! She is still eating, chasing the cat game, doing her basset 500,
everything normal but this.  So I think she has a UTI maybe.  This past week
she wakes us up at 12 or 3am to go outside.  Not her usual. Its usually last
call and she is out for the night.  I finally got her to calm down with
rubbing her belly, her ears...put her to sleep with me nestled into my chest
at 5am.  Daddy is up at 6:00 she slept through that got up to eat. Was fine.
Came back to bed with me at 7 again she demanded to be nestled against my
chest and hugged.  She knocked out till I got up at 8:30 and she slept
through my shower and getting ready.

Called the vet they said if I can get a sample great.  if not they will
try.  GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! Lilly does not just have trust of anyone so it's
probably better if I get one.  Got one with Santana before but he's a boy
and yea Lilly squats low.  Santana kinda does the peepee limbo hehe half a
squat and cocks his tail out. So when I go home Im going to take a try to
get it to the vet so they can possibly have results tomorrow.  If not by
monday.  I told them she is kinda uncomfortable and up all night..they said
they could give her something for the discomfort.  My dad went to let them
out mid day...im going to leave a little early today so they are not in too
long.

So a little drool for the sample and for Lilly bean too!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes all
creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes all
living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on wings.~
Alicia S. Carpenter"