[Dailydrool] helping to the bridge...

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 15 05:48:28 PST 2011

Angelika - that was a very accurate accounting about "helping to the Bridge"
being a loving, giving, peaceful experience...

I had to "go it alone" with Bob Burns on that fateful day - as my husband
Fred was out of town on business.  Our vet had the room prepared prior to
our arrival.  The lights were dimmed down.  They inserted the iv shunt in
his front leg - gave him the sedative and later the final.  I was holding
him in my arms the entire time - cuddling him - and he just quietly stopped
breathing.

Doc and the staff left me to spend quiet time with him -- as long as I
required.  The fact that the entire staff knew and loved him too - made it
all the more a positive experience.

I must add that the part of the process that had amazed me even more - is
that in the case of both Sammi Sue (who went to the Bridge on her own a year
before) and Bob Burns - picking up the ashes a few days later was not the
traumatic experience that I had expected and was dreading - it was an
overwhelming sense of peace and closure...

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns