[Dailydrool] Dog food ?'s

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 16:06:24 PST 2011

My bassets are healthy as horses and do really well on plain old Costco Lamb and Rice dog food, a little sauteed hamburger, with no salt green beans, and a little canned Costco food tossed in to simmer.  I add about two serving spoons to each bowl.  Sometimes I do chicken, chicken livers or pumpkin in.

If a dog has allergy issues that is a different story and like my Harry, eats organic no grain stuff.

But the rest of mine stay lean and mean on the diet above, and Luther at 11 years old is doing just fine so far~

I can tell you if I want to see all kinds of digestive issues all I have to do is switch them onto some food that has berries, yucca and other crappyola.  I have learned the hard way that simpler is better, but at the same time, for a long long time, dogs ate garbage, so maybe that is the best approach genetically.

Sara*