[Dailydrool] the Bridge

beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 16 08:50:43 PST 2011

Now this is a very hard subject.  Dazey with addisons -  as usual the vet
had to say 'it was time. It was 3 a.m. and a  stormy night and had to find
a son to take her and he was with her talking and gone in second. . It was
an emergency
Have always regretted not going.
Next Airedale broke something and was in terrible pain - vet heard him on
phone and sent
a vet who made house calls. I am sure he planned that - he went peacefully
in his yard while I held his head.
Miss Becky -  the vet was so fond of her and said it was time so she was
there for over an hour -
getting petted, given a sedative and I am sure she was so sick it was the
first sleep /nap she had
for weeks.
She did do a bit of a jump when needle went in but was gone and the vet too
was in tears.
So hard as it is one vet said 'you should be the last thing they see'.
Surprisingly it is  comforting to know you were with them and I know it
means millions to the pet. cuz they trust you.    Some though can't face it
I know.
Georgie and Miss Becky