[Dailydrool] Nick"s Magic

Synthia and Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:11:55 PST 2011

Thanks to all for the drool and kind thoughts. My Nick has apparently
settled in and started working from the Bridge. My other kitty, a sweet
Ragdoll named Cherry, loves other kitties and was often snuggled up to
Nick. I've already told a few people that I would need to be on the look
out for a companion for her.

I took Kahuna to PetsMart for a weigh in today - he has been using his exceptional counter surfing
abilities while at Daphneyland to score and eat a whole large bad of
Healthwise food, and a few days later three bags of treats, and I'm sure
 a few other things. He's looking a might hefty, and indeed weighed in
at 77lbs!!! Can you say diet? He says "pleasingly plump".
Anyroo, while at PetsMart on our way to the scale we saw the rescue
group had several puppies and dogs out front for an adoption day, then
cages out by the cat area with several kitties in addition to the ones
in the glass room. As I was weighing Kahuna and trying not to faint at
the number, I looked over, and saw a gorgeous Ragdoll in one of the
cages. He was a lovely blue mitted boy named Teddy with a cute milk
mustache and white chin. I asked about him, thought he might be nice for
 Cherry, but started to walk away. Then I asked if I could have an
application, in case I decided to come back. The girl said the director
was there and if I wanted to fill it out I would know if I was approved
right then...so...OK, sure. Next think I hear is "Congratulations, Teddy
 is yours! Three people tried yesterday and weren't approved but you
are." Hmm, I don't have a carrier...we'll loan you one...So, Teddy came
home. He rode in the back of my car with Kahuna (in his carrier of
course) and not a peep out of either one. I brought him in, set the
carrier down in the back hall and opened it. As soon as the door was
open, Cherry ran over and climbed right in the crate with Teddy and the
two of them just sat in there together for a while. Teddy has been out
exploring and making eyes at the hounds thru the baby gate. It appears
to be a match made in Heaven - or at the Bridge - with Teddy and Cherry.
 I guess Nick didn't want Cherry to be lonely. I had absolutely NO
intention of even looking for a cat today, let alone bringing one home.
Ah, we are just pawns in life, aren't we?

Drool to all in need - the hounds are back with me snoozing now but will be drooling for dinner soon.

Synthia, Zuma, Kahuna, Fred (and Ragdolls Cherry and Teddy)