[Dailydrool] Miss Molly of Vegas ATB 6/10/99 - 1/16/11

Connie Moen two.bassets at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:04:49 PST 2011

It is with a heavy heart and many tears I write to let you know that Miss
Molly of Vegas has signed a long term contract to star in a show at the
Bridge.

It was a rough couple of months for her:  At the end of October she lost her
battle with Glaucoma and lost the sight in her remaining eye.  In December
she had to have the eye removed as we could not control the pressure and she
was in constant pain.  Just prior to going in to have the stitches removed
from her eye surgery we found a hard lump on her belly.  The vet took a
needle biopsy and it came back as cancer.  On the 13th of January she had
surgery to remove the lump - it came back as a very aggressive cancer, the
good news was the tumor removal had clean margins, the bad news was we
didn't know if it had already spread.  She was doing well after both
surgeries until yesterday - she was having trouble breathing and laid down -
she never got up, her heart stopped.

We will miss her so, she was the alpha and ran the house.  Hank is a bit
lost but he was with her, as were Roger and I, when she took her last breath
and headed to the Bridge.

Goodby Pretty Girl, you will never been forgotten!

Connie & Roger and the Bassets, Hank the Tank, Miss Molly of Vegas (atb),
Ernie (atb), Alice (atb), Cleo (atb) & Duchess (atb)