[Dailydrool] ingredients

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:08:43 PST 2011

I was interested to learn about the info in bar codes.  one thing I think someone brought up.  You may buy something  "made in  USA or Canada" but you do not know where they brought their ingredients.  China has so may products so cheap that I am sure it is tempting to use them regardless of bad press and outrage of bereaved owners.  Some companies use the phrases "distributed by"  and the name of the USA company.  The Van Patton Lamb Rounds come to mind.  This leaves you not knowing who actually made it.  I e-mailed them and got a very snippy (to my mind) response that "of course, all their products are made in the USA.  Well then, why not just say so.  I have been uneasy about buying them since.  As it is with Chinas low wages, lax enforcement on health, safety and environmental regulation and general indifference to tradgic outcomes it is nearly impossibel to find many desired products made anywhere else.  Companies do not seem to realize that since the goods are made to break down quickly the brand is irrelevent.  There are no quality brands any more, modt things are made cheaply to be thrown away and rplaced with a similar model.