[Dailydrool] Bar Code Information

CENDEAVORS at aol.com CENDEAVORS at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 09:37:53 PST 2011

I worked for a company doing package design for 15 years, so I worked with
a lot of bar codes. The first 5 numbers (6 if you count the little number
at the  very beginning) were assigned to our company. The last set of 5
numbers was the  item number of the product that we assigned. We sold dog
collars, dog toys, dog  food and treats, rawhide, dog bowls, etc. It didn't matter
where the items were  manufactured, the first 5 numbers stayed the same.

For example, we got our rawhide from Mexico, Paraguay, China or Taiwan (who
 ever gave us the cheapest price). All of those products would have had the
same  barcode numbers, because they were sold through our company. We did
label the  packaging with "Made in China" or Made in Taiwan", but you could
not have  figured that out by reading the barcode.