[Dailydrool] bassets and dachshunds

cathy brown idigdoxies at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 21:19:21 PST 2011

Lucy Lou the WWB, OEBE has had both a doxie sister (now atb) and a doxie brother.  Fritz is a miniature wire-haired dachshund and loves Lucy.  He looks for her until she comes back when she goes to the vet or on a separate walk.  Lucy, for her part, mostly ignores Fritz.  She pays attention when he bugs me for a cookie in case I really do give him one because then she will get one too. She gives him a soft growl when he tries to steal her bed or her special belly rubs.  Occasionally she rolls him over and paws at him to show him who's boss but she never hurts him.  And sometimes they race around the house or yard together playing their own version of the basset-doxie 500.  All in all I would say they are pretty good friends and always have been.