[Dailydrool] Some good news

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:35:36 PST 2011

We have lots of good news from BaRCSE tonight. Our puppy survived the night
last night and all four pooches and bup were taken to the vets today. All
four adults, who have never had ANY vetting, are heartworm negative.
Everyone at BaRCSE is ready to have a party over that! Mama dog has good
milk production and was given her shots, Interceptor, microchippd and
dewormed. Baby Titan is six days old today and weighs between 1/4 and 1/2
pound. He's very small and quite weak but he will nurse some and his foster
mom will be giving him some supplemental feedings after he's nursed. Our
little Titan is going to require lots of care but he is going to a buppy
savvy foster home and he and mom will get wonderful care from our volunteer,
Naomi, and her family. The other three hounds will stay overnight at the
vets and be spayed/neutered tomorrow. These dogs make five hounds that we've
rescued recently who have been heartwom negative. What wonderful luck! We're
just praying that our luck holds and we'll be able to show you some great
pix of our little Titan in a few weeks.

My Jersey is on the road to recovery. We've used the inflatable collar very
sparingly because she really hates it. One of us has stayed with her most of
the time and I've been sleeping with her just in case she starts licking or
chewing in the night. So far, so good. She's really feeling much, much
better today. She even thought about playing with the other Houndettes for a
few minutes earlier today but I had to shut things down when she started
getting a little too frisky. Thank you everyone for all the suggestions to
keep her incisions clean and safe. I think we've been very fortunate
that Jersey has been pretty easy for the most part and has stopped licking
when we've asked her to. She's rumbled at me a couple of times when I've had
to move her snooter away from her incisions but her lips have only gone up
to her eyeballs once with a real warning but at least she didn't snap. Here
is a link to some pictures of our girls poor paws if you'd like to see them.
She's a pretty Sad Sack in these pictures, I'm afraid:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161071&id=1557878872&l=1f1d50da3f

So good news from this corner of the world! Again, thank you everyone for
your good wishes and drool for Jersey. The Houndettes are slinging drool
mixed with prayers from me to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & the Pita, Ginger