[Dailydrool] Heart of a Basset

Synthia and Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 19:52:30 PST 2011

First, drool to all in need - so many and I haven't had time to make a list, but I send prayers and drool when I read of the illnesses or trips to the Bridge.

A week ago I wrote about Teddy, the kitty who came to join us. He settled right in, and has apparently been taking notes. The hounds went back to Daphenyland on Sunday as I am on the road again for work. Yesterday my dad wrote to say Teddy had opened the door to the pantry, pulled down an unopened bag of kitty treats, chewed thru it and ate most of the bag before getting caught. My dad put rubber bands around the handles of the pantry doors. Today, Teddy opened the doors again, stretched the rubber band out and squeezed in, ripping into a new bag of cat food and gorging himself before my dad saw him squeeze back out and waddle off. Obviously Teddy was meant for a Basset household and is doing a better job of training the grandslaves than the Bassets have been able to so far.

Oh, lest they suffer in comparision, a few days ago, Zuma and Kahuna scored the container with my dad's freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies. I heard the "thunk" and don't think they got more than two cookies each (not enough raisins to cause trouble), but I stressed to my dad that the cookie container needs to go in the microwave or on top of the fridge...And I stressed to Kahuna that cookies are not on his diet. He feels very strongly that they should be.

Drool to all,
Synthia, Zuma, Kahuna, Fred