[Dailydrool] Sleeping with Dogs....

Emily Davis Gareis earthyoga at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 06:09:10 PST 2011

Wanted to send lots of drool to all who have lost their beloved houndie.....Most of us have been in that space - just know they are romping freely at Rainbow Bridge....drool to all who are in need as well....

Sleeping with dog(s) - I been doing that since a child!  I totally agree that we have become such "germaphobes" that we are killing of the very thing that helps ward of all those nasty things.  I had a serious staph infection (sadly if you spend more than 2 days in a hospital you are probably going to get some type of one) after my accident and spent a year on intervenous anitbiotics 24/7 - OVERKILL - it almost killed me!  Screwed up my entire internal workings not to mention my teeth and it's taken me dang near 4 years to get back to "normal".  As kids you played with others, you shared things, you ate dirt (or fed it to your sibling), you washed up before meals and after doing your duty, but you didn't use alcohol laced hand sanitizer after every move you made!   It makes me crazy to see this and it seems to get worse each day.  So I will continue to sleep with the hounds and the worst thing that I have is the occasional sore back trying to squeeze myself around 3 hounds who are bed and cover hogs!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, LaVerne & Princess