[Dailydrool] 1 basset, 2 basset, 3 basset sightings Oh My...

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 22:40:53 PST 2011

OK so one might not actually count but here is the story....

I was taking Rambo on his walk (Speedy gets one first because he tires easily and can't endure or refuses to walk the 1.5 miles that Rambo requires). Today we took a different route along a hiking trail and I hear some deep barks that sound very familiar coming from the backyard of one of the houses along the trail. I look closer and see that the barks are coming somewhere close to the ground and I realize its a basset!!  So we climb up the little hill to go say hi to him and behold there are 2 bassets both barking that beautiful bark and eagerly wanting to meet Rambo. Rambo was not impressed though. He sniffed and walked away as if saying "oh I have one of those at home, no big deal" I took some time to pet them and went gaga over them. Happy to figure out that we had bassets in the neighborhood.

Later on I went to Target and was in the book section when I saw a children's book called something Ladybug. The front cover had a drawing of a girl in a ladybug outfit and a basset hound next to her. I leafed through it and discovered that the basset was in each page. The book wasn't basset related at all. It just showed the ladybug girl going around and her basset Bingo following her along. It was a really cute. Made me come home to Speedy and enjoy his wigglyness.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo