[Dailydrool] Gripe

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Sun Jan 2 20:43:01 PST 2011

Dear Daughter .. your father and I have missed you so terribly, we have
rescued or "adopted" another troubled, slobbering, hair everywhere, hound,
to remind us of you when you were growing up.. your terrible two's where you
got into my make-up and smeared it everywhere is just like this one's poo
explosion.  The time you brought in that "boy friend" of yours who smelled
like poo and looked tattered and torn in his hole-ridden blue jeans, is just
like the squirrel our new basset brought in.. in short, in every way this
new basset reminds us of you every day. even though she dribbles water less
than you did in getting out of the shower and dripping everywhere .. the way
she gets into the clothes hamper and strews things everywhere, reminding us
of your bedroom for the better part of your teen years ... the way she
whines for attention.. its amazing that everything we miss from you, is now
replaced by this bundle of love called a basset .. if you come home for a
visit we'll still make room for you.. but you'll have to sleep with your
twin (the hound) so be prepared . we've replaced what we missed from you by
this hound that loves us unconditionally .. maybe you'll be able to get her
to divulge her love secrets to you.. so you too can show us. your parents,
the ones who picked you up when you fell, who helped you into and through
college, who loved you unconditionally . the love and caring that should be
returned to us, for all the years we cared for you.

Love, Mom -n- Dad.

I think *that* is how the conversation should go. J  Maybe then she'll think
twice of griping that mommy & daddy don't love her no more..

-Robert

Subject: [Dailydrool] Gripe

I am just about fed up with people making comments about our animals. One of
our daughters keeps making snotty remarks about our dogs, for instance "If
you didn't want us to visit, you should just have said so. You didn't have
to get all these dogs to keep us away". Well, these dogs live here, this is
their home and if you don't want to be around them .