[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Pat Wood patshoundies at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 10:43:22 PST 2011

Hi Leslie - Ethel, Hannah and Annabella are my three houndies in the ornyment picture a couple of years ago- it's hard to get three "old" women bassets to snuggle up to each other for a picture, there is always an "issue" about space.  They are all rescues, Suncoast Basset Rescue  failed fosters 101 to adopted-I just keep the "old ones" and old pairs 'cause I'm old too, move slower, can't see as well, can't hear well, etc....I adopted Ethel, Hannah and Annabella.  Ethel went to the Rainbow Bridge early February last year, she was missing her Bubba bonded pair so much, and she was about 12....very special girl to me and I miss her very very much.  Hannah 11 is part of bonded pair with Oliver, who went to the Bridge two years ago, after contracting lyme disease when we went to BROOD waddle.Rare to have lyme disease in Florida according to the vet who was surprised at the dx, but the lab results said lyme disease... and on top of that he developed angiosarcoma (sp?) and was gone within a month of diagnosis....Hannah never had a chance to say goodbye to him, we wisked him up the U of F Vet school for dx, and had to make decision quickly - and Annabella, 11,  a vet in central FL called Suncoast, saying Annabelle's mom and dad had brought her in and wanted her PTS...she had been their girl since a puppy, but mom was 81 and dad 89, and they could no longer care for her.  So we went down to pick her up (Hannah and Ethel went too to be sure they could accept her) and she has been a very sweet houndie for the Wood House, her mom and dad send her birthday, valentines and Christmas cards (and we send them too) ..... this year we were on the midlist, in this year's pic, (check it out, postcard with holiday wreath and reindeer) it's Annabella, Hannah and new foster Abbie 10, who was apparently left in a cage outside for all her years..a/k/a back yard breeder stock...she must have finally broken loose after all that time, when Suncoast picked her up from AC, I could see her innards moving she was so thin! not sure she would last the night! HW+ and the vet commented when she was spayed she had "one of the biggest uterus's she had ever seen"...she was nothing but a puppy mill, but she's free at last!  I've promised her no more puppies!  a liberated woman hound! her teeth had been worn down from trying to get out of a cage, and whenever there is a thunder storm, she really really starts shuddering - it's always a 3 dog night at my house - she is especially cuddly, I wish we could find her a one-hound house with a warm loving person who wants nothing more than to shower attention and love on her as she so richly deserves and receive her love and kisses she is so eager to give.

Thanks for all you do Leslie - we appreciate you - keep warm - we enjoyed pawticipating in the voting to get you some warmth funds!

Pat Wood - Suncoast Basset Rescue
Hannah, Annabella & Abbie
Lady, Lily, NeHi, Walter, Samantha, Bubba, Oliver, Ethel and Puff the wonder cat (16) who always thought she was a basset hound - ATB