[Dailydrool] Advice on puppy and rescue

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 15:35:38 PST 2011

I was writing back to Kathy with various scenarios, and then one struck me that I think is worth mentioning to the group.

When someone presents this kind of availability, to be able to take in two, think about taking in a bonded pair.  Whether from a breeder or rescue, but especially from the rescue.

It always breaks my heart that here are these two dogs who have been together all their lives and now because of "human issues" we have to break them up for placements.  I know many rescues try to keep them together where possible, but so often, it just isn't possible.

Plus two together already know how to eat together, sleep together, travel together, pee/poop together, what could be easier?

We have two bonded cats we adopted together and it warms my heart when I see them grooming each other.  Plus I know how I would feel if some of my dogs who have strong ties were to be separated from their buddies.  It breaks my heart just to think about it...

:D  Sara*