[Dailydrool] Sleeping with dogs

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 17:27:46 PST 2011

I just have to weigh in on this topic.  Today I went for a new patient doc
appointment.  One of the questions I was asked, "Are there any young children
that visit your household?"  Why of course there is!  I have grandchild who is 8
and my daughter's friends with children who visit.  I am the "adopted YaYa to all
of them.   What happens next??? I am told that they recommend the Pertussis booster
because of the children!  Yes I had to be vaccinated so I would be protected from the children!

I have been around furry or feathered critters since I was born!  Except when I stupidly
rushed in to save my daughter's furkid from getting his leg hung up, I have never, ever had
to be vaccinated to protect me from them.

Did anyone get the impression that this researcher did not like pets?   Maybe it was just me
honing in on his statements about all the diseases you exposed to.  It is not like I let the gang
go around filthy, flea ridden or full of parasites.  Of course then again this is U.C. Davis which
has numerous "issues" of their own.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
(We gib smoocheez awl da time an sleep in we big bed wiff da Momma.  Herz said we
snorin meke herz sleep bedder.  Sides herz we gard hooman.  She protek we.)