[Dailydrool] Pat Update - Friday Night

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Jul 1 17:09:37 PDT 2011

Pat is peaceful and comfortable. I took her Ipod to her yesterday and we
have her favorite Native American flute music playing 24/7 ... did you know
that her mother was part Cherokee? They have increased her morphine and
ativan a tiny bit and her respiration is even and not labored.
I spent a couple hours with her this afternoon ... brushing her hair and
talking to her . even though there is no response.  The Hospice Center is
very peaceful and quiet and I am glad she is under their care. I can almost
relax while I am there ... until I begin to wonder how in the world I am
going to deal with losing my best friend. I went by her house to pick up the
mail and I saw a sandstone coaster I had given her that says "Friends
Fur-ever". It made me cry ... which I haven't done much.
Today the twins helps me bathe all 12 dogs, dremel Lena's, Quizmo's and
Quincey's nails, and cleaned 24 ears. I will dremel the other dogs over the
next couple of days. I am beginning to wonder if the adults will ever stop
shedding ... it is ridiculous!! I swear they are molting!. A bit worried
about Kassie ... she didn't eat tonight and that girl never misses a meal.
Opie is getting better each day and will get another cold laser treatment in
the morning ... now the chore is keeping him relatively quiet.