[Dailydrool] Happy July 4th and Question about Valerian

jolet at aol.com jolet at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 23:18:08 PDT 2011

I hate to hate such an important holiday but illegal fireworks have
made it one to dread. Its 1:15 am and it sounds like the park about a
mile from here is under siege-heavy artillery. My Rosemary just got off
the bed again and is trying to fit under a plant stand.  Veronica
slumbers peacefully on her chair next to the window (!) Fortunately,
Benedryl works fairly well for  Rosemary, her new Thundershirt is
helping a bit as well, but her 100 pound shepherd mix cousin Bear (who
infortunately lives right by the aforementioned park)goes
 bonkers, running from window to window barking at each boom (be
it firecracker or thunder) and getting more wildly agitated by tbe
minute. My sister has tried all the environmental changes-closing all
blinds, keeping tv on, going to basement, nothing works very much. She
got a
prescription that works but leaves him a staggering mess so she hates
to have to give it night after night until the last firework in
everyone's stash is lit. She hasn't had any success with homeopathics
but what is the dosage for valerian?, it is worth a try.  Thoughts and
prayers for Pat and Sandi, I realized I hold my breath opening each
Drool now and  keep thinking how significant the bonds of friendship
are. May we all be blessed to have a friend like Sandi and strive to be
 as good of one ourselves.
Joanne mama to Veronica (I'm too tough to be scared ) and Rosemary (I'm
just glad Christmas doesn't involve the boomers too )