[Dailydrool] Louie''s grieving

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 4 14:02:07 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
  It has been almost a month that Angelo has gone to the bridge and it feels like yesterday.  I am still concerned about Louie.  Since Angelo has been gone Louie just sleeps.  He gets upset when we leave so I find myself staying home a lot even when I have so much to do.  I have noticed since Angelo has been gone Louie's face has turned white.  Even his eyebrows are white.  He only had a little gray on his muzzle before.  He is eating(we always said if Louie stops eating he would be on his way to the bridge)but he used to run for his dinner but now we have to call him to please come.  We have been looking at rescue dogs on the web but are not sure it is what we should do.  I do think if he had another hound it would give him a reason to go on but I want to do the best for him and I don't know what that is.
  Our prayers are with Sandi and Pat.  I know how hard it is when they are in Hospice but the staff is wonderful and the patient's comfort is their priority.  I just went through this with my mom a few months ago and my father-in-law also.  Hearing is the last to go so we talked a lot.  God Bless You and Pat on this journey.  Sandi it is the ultimate sacrifice that you have made for your friend Pat.

Saralyn and King Louie.....where is my brother??