[Dailydrool] Pat Wood's post

Susan Booker susanbooker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:05:36 PDT 2011

Dear Pat,

Thank you for so sharing your experience with caring for those at the end of
life.  Although I don't know Pat and Sandi, I feel privileged to have been
able to follow and learn from their story so far, including your very
thoughtful and important contribution.  I also didn't know of professional
Guardians before.  What a critical job that is and, I imagine, a very
rewarding one.

With the help of wonderful hospice nurses, I cared for my mother as she very
quickly went from a vibrant, loving friend to losing her life to cancer.  In
the end I felt the loss terribly, but far less than I expected.  It was
tempered by the realization that I'd been given a wonderful gift  - that of
sharing this remarkable transition with her (to what, I don't know) as well
as my first true understanding that death is the most natural part of life.
This may sound odd, but it's an experience I recommend to everyone.
Susan Viles Booker
21 Fulton Ave
Stewartstown, PA   17363
717-993-0415