[Dailydrool] What I Love Best about my Hound

Sue and Brian Stevens onslowbasset at roadrunner.com
Mon Jul 4 17:14:50 PDT 2011

Well, as someone else said, it's hard to pick one thing.. .but I
think the thing that tugs on my heartstrings the most is when he
rests his beautiful head on my leg and looks up at me adoringly. He
did that to my husband when we brought him home and we stroked his
head as we drove him away (first car ride) from his breeder's kennel
and his mama and his brother. He's continued to do it - of course he
often slobbers up your pant leg nicely as well but that's small price
to pay for all that sweet devotion. It may not be a uniquely basset
thing, but our previous dog (not a basset - a terrier mix) did not do
it so it's a first for us. Gotta love your hound.

Good news about the dogs in Toledo - sounds like they are finding a home.

Drool to everyone in need.  Toss some our direction for Onslow - he
has a big cyst on his tail (about the size of a chicken egg) that is
being removed this Friday. The vet is concerned about closing the
incision due to the lack of skin there. Pray he doesn't have to have
part of his tail removed! The cyst is a little better than half way
to the tip.

Ordered our calendars - now it's time to pick the photo!

Sue & Brian Stevens (and Onslow!)