[Dailydrool] Pat Update - Monday Evening

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Jul 4 17:20:55 PDT 2011

My son, Clark, and I went to spend time with Pat this afternoon. Pat has
been a part of our family's life for 22 years and has been close to Clark
throughout this time. Pat is Granny Pat to my grandkids and has been a
friend to both of my kids. Clark and Pat talk all the time ... mostly about
computers ... and he has been her "Tech Support" for computer problems.
This afternoon, Pat's respiration has changed to much more shallow and rapid
(30/minute). She has a slight fever, so she feels warm to the touch, but she
is not uncomfortable. Her heartbeat is a little weaker and slightly
irregular. Each time I see her, I reassure her that the girls are doing
well, eating well, playing with each other and the boys. Today I told her
how Quincey decided he likes Grady's crate better than his because it is
beside Stachie's crate. Grady let him know that he doesn't agree. I told her
that Quizmo loves his new 2 legged brother, Lucas, and 4 legged brother
Speedy. I told her again, that I am ready when she is ready. This is her
time schedule and Pat has always been a procrastinator (which is why we have
the legal mess we have).
I am grateful that she is receiving such comforting care from such nice
people. in a calm and peaceful setting. She is in a good place ... and I
spend time with her every day. Our friend, Nancy Merk, is also traveling
about 50 miles on her days off, to spend time with Pat. I so appreciate
Nancy visiting with Pat, and I know Pat does too.
This is very HARD watching my vibrant, funny, intelligent, caring friend
die. My heart is breaking.