[Dailydrool] What we Love about our Silly Hounds

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 02:43:45 PDT 2011

I am also going to start with what I **don't** love right now - I wrote to the
DD some months ago about Morse's waking too early for breakfast. The suggestion
of biscuits before bed went down well and he slept longer. At first. Now it has
reverted and he has the biscuits too. This morning it was 4.50am when he did his
loud shakedown which serves as an alarm clock and wakes us both instantly. I
checked the time and yelled 'its too early' just as I saw his tail disappear
down the stairs. I then do his breakfast and it seems churlish to send him back
upstairs once I am down. *sigh*

But I love Morse naughtiness, his sense of fun, his velcra-ness in needing to be
with me when I'm in the house. I love the way, when we're out, he gets a glint
in his eye. That happened last night when walking away from the quayside.
Walking through the fields, I thought he was following me. Turned to find him
standing still in the field with nose high in the air.  NO I shouted across to
him, but too late, he was out of the field and running back to the quayside - I
was almost collapsed by the time I caught him up as I remembered some fish-guts
on the quay being used as bait -

With Pumbaa ATB, my favourite thing he did was his howl. When I got home from
work, I would look through the kitchen window. Dadslave would be with him, and
Pumbaa would see me through the window and throw back his dear head - sometimes
no noise came out - just a lovely "0" shape to his mouth.....

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB