[Dailydrool] Children, hairy and otherwise

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:11:29 PDT 2011

We had lots of excitement at our house last night.  Son #1, Josh, moved out
into his own apartment.  We are all smiling a lot today.  He is a good kid
but a pain in the behind a lot of the time.  He has been on his own before
so it was time.  The girls were not happy.  Maggie sat up on the loveseat
and did her tiny little whines the whole time he was carrying things out.
Marley, who is a bonafide grump anyway looked beyond grumpy.  Ninja stuck to
me like glue, nothing new there.  She doesn't like upheaval at all.  He got
most of his stuff but I'm sure will be back many times.  He only moved about
5 miles down the road.  But, before he left, he did a boy thing.  He is
keeping a friend's car while he is out of town.  He was driving it to the
apartment.  He managed to hit boy #2's motorcycle and do several hundred
dollars worth of damage to it.  I hate that motorcycle.  I really do. Boy
#2, Dan, rides without a helmet and drives me crazy.  Now we are really
short of vehicles.  The dadperson will look at it tonight and see if he and
the boys can put it back together.  Sometimes I feel there is a little black
cloud that sits right over us.  No one was hurt so that is the main thing.

Everyone is asleep here.  Boy #3 is still in bed.  He doesn't have to work
today so I am leaving him alone.  He is the boy who hasn't wrecked
anything.......yet.  He is a very cautious, almost slow kid.  That is ok.
He works on Nic time.  The dogs love him because he doesn't mess with them
or tease.  He clipped nails last night on everyone but Shelby.  Maggie let
him do the front ones but had to be held to get the back ones done.  Ninja
just rolled over and let him clip.  Marley came when he called and took a
nap while he worked.  I can really see him working with animals someday.  He
also helped me cut some snarls off of Picasso.  Picasso was not amused.  He
is still not speaking to me.

We are sending drool to all who are in need  We have meatloaf drool today.
There is one in the oven and they wish it would come out and fall on the
floor.  It looks like it could storm in a bit.  Maggie should be starting to
ping any minute.  She is my little storm predicter.  She is such a good
girl.  I sure am glad they don't drive.  Couldn't afford any more
insurance.  When boy #2 moves out there will be fireworks.  But that is a
whole other story.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby.  The kitty boys have no
comment.