[Dailydrool] Happy Dance

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 06:46:49 PDT 2011

Josh, our son who moved out on Wednesday, came home last night for dinner
and more of his stuff.  The girls were doing the very happy dance.  I
thought Maggie was going to come unglued.  She yipped and shook and bellowed
when he came in.  Maggie is a great big hound and maked the littlest yipping
sounds sometimes.  They were so glad to see their boy.  One of his neighbors
has a basset. He says it looks like a miniature compared to ours.  Most dogs
would look like a miniature compared to Maggie.  Marley and Ninja are more
of a normal size.  Shelby looks like a footstool, sort of rectangularish.
She is a funny girl.

While I love Maggie with all of her enthusiasm, I don't love it at 3:30 in
the morning.  She was yipping and shaking this morning.  Not sure why.
There were no storms or other things making noise.  Maybe the possum is
back.  The DH got up and let everyone out.  He came back to bed and then
Shelby started bellowing.  I wish they could coordinate their efforts to be
annoying.  Shelby gets lonely or bored or both when no one is downstairs.
She is also always hungry.  Since she can't see, she has no sense of day and
night and is awake at odd times.   She doesn't go out with the rest of the
girls.  She waddles to a different tune.

I can't believe how tired I am.  It is way too early to take a nap but I
could.  Ninja has already started on her morning snooze.  Maggie and Marley
are thinking about it and Shelby is sound asleep.  I don't do the up most of
the night thing so well any more.

The girls are slinging drool to all in need.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie Shelby
and mom with the kitty boys who are hiding