[Dailydrool] Bassets and cat toys

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:57:32 PDT 2011

The kitties are getting a new scratching post/play cube.  They have shredded
the old cardboard one.  Every morning Davinci goes over to it and "has a
mad' as we like to say.  He fiercely attacks the thing and then goes and
eats his breakfast.   Marley "has a mad" before every meal too.  We feed
them in the order that they came to us and in different spots.  Ninja is
first and then comes Marley.  She eats by herself.  Before she eats and
after she gets her bowl she growls, snarls and in general shows her
grumpiness at its finest.  We have no idea why she does this.  If the feeder
doesn't encourage this she turns around and looks like she lost her best
friend.  It is her little eating ritual.  The others just eat and then scout
all the bowls to make sure nothing was missed.  Marley also likes fingers
with treats.  She tries to take off the tips when anyone gives her a biscuit
unless it is given by Josh.  He thinks she is very gentle.  HA!  The other
girls are gentle when they get treats.  We have taken stolen treats out of
Maggie's mouth.  She is a docile girl.

All but Shelby are napping.  The kitty boys are reserving judgment on their
new toy until after dark.  They are a lot like bassets.  They would all win
at sleeping olymics.

Drool to all in need.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby and mom the scribe