[Dailydrool] Honeymoon Period Over

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 09:21:36 PDT 2011

I know I am new here, and I loved reading all the funny stories about other bassets antics. I just couldn't imagine it because our newly adopted Edmond was sweet as could be and never showed tendencies to steal food, run around like a bat out of hell, or do anything but love on myself and his dad. I would tell his dad all these stories, like what have these people gotten in to?

All that changed as soon as we signed his official adoption papers. It was like he knew we were stuck with him now and could just let lose. Over the weekend a nephew lost his sandwich, Edmond's Dad lost his chicken (boneless, skinless so no worries on that) and just last night I came from out of the bedroom to find Edmond running through the apartment with an entire Large size pizza from Papa Murphy's off the counter!! I guess he is taking his new role with the Counter Intelligence Department at PBF very seriously. He has also figured out his track for the basset 500 and his poor little toy Squeaky more often than not gets to be his sidekick.

But then we take Edmond to our softball game and he sits happily, like the good boy he is, on the grass and howls when I get a hit (its a rarity). He lays in my lap and snores while we watch a movie and when he is ready for attention knocks his nose under our arm until someone's hand is on his head. I love how he comes in from his walks and sits by the key rack until we take his leash off, the runs to the kitchen and sits at the biscuit jar because he knows one is coming for doing "his deeds" outside.

I think I am beginning to understand why bassets are so lovable, entertaining, and trying all in one. We really do love our Edmond and its like I can't remember not having him.

He has been drooling extra this week so slinging all that to those in need.

Kimi & Edmond