[Dailydrool] My Gerdie Girl

mjokela at camulus.com mjokela at camulus.com
Tue Jul 12 06:05:10 PDT 2011

Well, I'm still in shock today but processing that she is no longer here.  Thanks to Elder Clara for welcoming her at the bridge, I'm sure she made quite an entrance!!!  I'm glad she was able to find Homer and Melba Toast...they will help show her the ropes.

I was able to get the dogs food ready this morning without one bark and actually had to go find Sarge and Oliver to give them theirs.  Sarge is taking it rather hard, like he did with Homer.  He wouldn't eat this morning until I sat on the floor with him.  He also slept downstairs last night, I think waiting to see if she was coming home.

I thought I would share a few of my blog entries about Gerdie.  She was a wonderful hound and I'm so glad that we foster failed with her...and that Lisa R talked us into temp fostering her for a week!LOL

<http://maddoghouse.com/pages/gertrude>
<http://maddoghouse.com//2011/01/30/oliver-gerdie-and-sarge-vs-zhu-zhu> - Gerdie referee'ing which is what she did best!
<http://maddoghouse.com//2011/01/29/gertrude-the-bee> - ah yes, she loved the bees and chickens...maybe a little too much! ;-)

I thought that we were loosing her that Saturday in May at Michigan, but I am so thankful to have had almost two more months with her.  We knew that her time was getting limited and we took full advantage of that.  I would lift her up onto the bed with me and she would snooze away with her wonderful snooter and lips looking at me.  For those of you who have met her, you know that she had the most wonderful lips.  We here named them the "pouty lips".

Until we meet again my Gerdiley Girl...we love you and miss you!!!

Melissa & Alex
Sarge, Oliver and Maddie with Homer and Gerdie ATB