[Dailydrool] 1 Dollar in Memory of Gerdie

Sandy Gaston sandy at animalnature.com
Tue Jul 12 08:37:17 PDT 2011

Good morning (well it is morning here in the Northwest)

By now most of you have read the post from Melissa about Gredie going to the
Bridge. I am sure there are folks in the drool family who don't know who
Melissa and Alex are-well they are the main folks the ones that keep the
Daily Drool Digest running not only with their computer savvy but with their
own money. This wonderful educational site filled with laughter, tears,
sometimes fights, and help for members and rescues alike wouldn't be with
out the Jokela's. Yes we moderators are the ones every one knows because we
are the ones who get into trouble, the ones that tell you no, so folks know
who we are. Melissa and Alex not so much. They are a wonderful couple and if
it wasn't for them stepping up to the drool when our Drool mom Nancy gave us
the digest there would be no formant for rescues to talk about their
waddles, no place for folks to laugh, cry and get support, most important
for basset hounds to be saved in so many ways. Why am I telling you all this
, well I know things are tight with the cookie money, so many losses, so
many waddles, but remember if it wasn't for Melissa and Alex we would have
no place to tell about our needs. They have never asked for funds to keep
the Drool Digest going. I think it would be nice if we ALL stepped up to the
drool plate and in memory of Miss Gertrude Steinbeck Jokela, put one dollar
yep just $1.00 (more if you want)in an envelope and post if off to Melissa
and Alex. 4 quarters taped to a paper works also, if we all send in $1.00 it
would keep the digest running for years. This is makes it doable for most
every one. Just 1 dollar in memory of Gerdie.

Here is their address:

Alex and Melissa Jokela

823 5th St. Proctor

MN 55810

So here is your break-down:

$1.00

Stamp in the USA 0.47

Envelope about 0.28

Your time and heart to support the Daily Drool Digest PRICLESS

In the famous woofs of Melba Toast NUFF SAID