[Dailydrool] I adopted a human

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:08:39 PDT 2011

Hello fellow bassets!

My name is Dexter.  I wanted to let everyone know that I adopted a human
this week.   It's taken me several weeks to decide whether I wanted to
adopted this woman.  She's housetrained and has decent house manners.  She's
gainfully employed so she can keep me in kibble, treats and allergy meds.
By adopting this woman, I also got a basset sister named Lady.  Don't tell
Lady but I'm younger than her by a month and a half.

I came into this house as a foster dog.  At least that's what the woman
thought.  Little ol' me had other plans.  I considered it a trial adoption
period. If I liked it, I was staying. I wanted to make sure I knew exactly
what type of home that I was getting myself into.  There's a few other
bassets around here - they are my basset cousins.  As part of my giving back
to the basset rescue community, we to continue fostering other homeless
bassets. I will act as a embassador (em-basset-dor) to any new fosters.  I
also plan on helping with transports - serving as navigator.

Bark at you later!

Dexter
oh yeah - Jan (that's my human) & Lady (my much older sister - hehehehe)