[Dailydrool] pair of bassets that ain't the brightest bulbs in the pack

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Wed Jul 13 11:50:17 PDT 2011

What gets me to writing is just seeing the subject line from Leslie "A Mt
Moment"  and we all know that's either Montana or Mountain moment.. but for
me that was mountain outta-a-mole hill ...

or more appropriately.. GET OUT OF THAT SH*T HOLE YOU DAMNED DIRTY BASSET!

Those with indoor outhouses that get whisked away to a city sewer system
hardly ever know of such things.. but those of us in the country, sometimes
just in the "rural" areas.. we have Septic Systems..

The poo water comes from the house ... within 150 feet (30 or less in some
areas) the poo water goes into a tank ... a Septic Tank .... catchy name
right?

So we had to uncover the top of said tank ... we were "over-flowin"  And as
is usual when you have an *old* set of pipes.. you can expect "uh ohs"  when
they come to do the check over and clean out of the poo-water.

Sure enough.. they couldn't go 15 feet before a snag... and from what they
could tell ... they were pretty sure it was a break in the pipe.. so we had
to dig it out to see for sure.. back-ho comes in.. poo water pipe is
exposed, yup.. cracked and snaggin'...

So here is hole number one.. hound number one.. my extreme senior.. Riley
... he DELIBERATELY goes into the hole.. because he smells poowater and
instantly associates that with some delicasie that should entice the world,
but that only he has the luck to find..

and then when he realizes there is a good smell, but not-nuthin to go with
it .... he decides to "get out" of said hole... only one thing wrong.. he
can't.. it was easy enough to jump into  .. no so easy to claw the way out
of...

so I'm making preps... pieces of wood, making a trellis out of scraps to lay
over the hole.. and my 3rd hound HENRY comes to see what pappa robert is
doin'... walks too close to the edge.. cause he's gotta get to me at the end
of the hole, right along the edge between the hole and the mound of dirt..

one wrong step... and rollin' and tumblin' goes little lord Henry.

To his own defence ... he's been a bit dim most of his life... when he
rolled down there he looked at me and then at the dirt.. like the dirt
attacked him or something...

so now the lattice work is done.. and Ive put up a perrimeter fence too...
filling in the gaps with big stones ... hoping to keep all mine  and away
from *THEM* the Poowater.... MMMMMMmmm Good!

did I mention its 90 outside and I'm drenched in sweat? and all this before
I did my coffee so now Im really feelin' it..

thank dog bassets are wash & wear..

:)

-Robert

PS. hope you get a little bit of a smile from that.. and if not.. I should
have my sister write in to explain what it was like trying to use my
chainsaw to cut away bad stuff.. start it.. touch it to branch.. dies...
start it .... rev it... touch to treelimb it dies.... yeah VERY Freakin'
funny
:)