[Dailydrool] Patio rug

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 21:00:10 PDT 2011

Hi all, me again,

I just re-read my last post and I saw September.  September, where did September
come from?  We found Snoopy in January ... 6 months ago ... January 12th.  Oh
well, blame the computer I guess.

Anyway we put down a rug on that old concrete patio out back.   It's big enough
but it's 50 years old so it's got cracks and it's kind of "unsightly."  Well, I
found these rug segments available for order at Home Depot ... 5x8 rugs for like
$12 apiece with free shipping so we got a whole bunch of them and laid them out.
 Looks real nice out there but the best part was Snoopy and Cyrus.  The patio is
15 x 40 so it's a good sized space.  we had cleared it off and swept it and when
I laid the rugs down Cyrus was playing his step on the rug while I try to
arrange it game (what fun) and Snoopy joined in and the two of them just got to
playing and rolling around on this rug as it "grew" and the game went on for a
very long time.  I don't think I've ever seen Snoopy play for longer than a
couple of minutes like that ... rolling and wrestling and all kinds of stuff
like dogs do.  For a VERY long time.  Cyrus was really patient with him ...
Snoopy tried humping Cyrus' head a couple of times and Cyrus just leapt to his
feet like a panther and Snoopy rolled over on his back and Cyrus nuzzled him and
they got back to playing and rolling around all wrapped up and singing and
talking and loving and wrestling.

I guess I must be kind of simple, I can't thing of anything I enjoy more than
watching these two dogs roll around and play.  Afraid for nothing, wanting for
nothing, just happy and playing in the late afernoon sun on a 75 degree day.
 The rug made their day ... mine too.

--Dale
With Snoopy and Cyrus who really like the new rug.