[Dailydrool] Proud aunt and uncle bassets

tibbotbasset at aol.com tibbotbasset at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 10:21:53 PDT 2011

Two years ago we adopted a cat for my youngest son at petsmart's adoption kiosk. He picked her out, changed her name and proceeded to worship her. (he's a cat person unlike the other boys!). Fast forward two years: we had her to the vet once as it seemed she was in heat, but all her paperwork said she was spayed. The vet said sometimes animal hospitals who work so heavily w/shelters will leave things behind, but not to worry if the paper said she was spayed she certainly was. Unfortunately, Sweet Pea has the ability to jump a basset length wise in order to get outside. So every so often she gets out. Last weekend I noticed she really was looking big! She's been eating up a storm so I made a vet appt to check her weight and make sure all was ok. Good news was she weighed exactly the same as her last visit. Bad news? My spayed cat was going to have kittens! They saw 4 on the xray they did. So last night we became grandparents to 5 tiny black kitties. The bassets are fascinated, want to get close. Flash is especially aggravated by them as SP chose HIS kennel to have them in! We have them in his kennel w a baby corral around it to keep them all safe. Aunt Amelia and Uncle Flash can't wait to get to the kittens and check them out. If anyone has any experience with kittens and bassets please let me know!!
Karen, flash and amelia in NY

Sent from my iPhone